Slow Cooker Stew
March 4th, 2019
Looks like we have one more cold week to enjoy some good ole fashion beef stew! Here's a great recipe for all you soup lovers. Enjoy it while you can!
1 lb stew beef, cut into small pieces
4 baking potatoes, peeled
4 medium carrots, peeled
1 yellow onion
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
11 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup tomato juice
salt & pepper
1. Heat a small amount of oil in skillet over medium heat.
2. Sear stew meat on all sides quickly and add to slow cooker.
3. Dice potatoes, carrots, and onions into large pieces and add to slow cooker.
4. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir together.
5. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. This can also be cooked in an oven at 300 degrees in a covered dutch oven. Four hours is preferred.
6. Serves 4 to 6.
*recipe courtesy of Mature Living Magazine